Multi-year Accessibility Plan
Ambrosia Natural Foods is committed to working towards full compliance with all standards under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). In doing so, we affirm our commitment to providing goods, services and employment in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
The multi year accessibility plan outlines the policies, achievements and actions that Ambrosia Natural Foods have put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities, and is reviewed every five years. The current plan covers a five year period (2016- 2021) to align with our strategic plan.
Statement of Commitment
Ambrosia Natural Foods is committed to treating all people with dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to Accessibility and meeting Accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Employees With Disabilities
Ambrosia Natural Foods strives to meet any needs for its employees. Accessible below are the following requirements met according to the Ministry of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure Accessibility Requirements of Ontario.
Recruitment & Selection Process
Regarding the Recruitment and Selection Process, Ambrosia Natural Foods will:
- Notify the job applicant of the accommodation process, and their needs will be acknowledged and met.
- Notify the public and our employees that upon request we will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process.
- Provide job applicants with an accommodation plan upon request and Ambrosia Natural Foods will discuss needs with the applicant.
- Make this accommodation available upon request and take the applicant’s disability into account ; it will be adjusted to fit the needs of the employee. This plan will be a mutual agreement between the applicant and Ambrosia Natural Foods; it will be implemented, monitored and reviewed according to the needs of the employee as their condition may change over time.
Employee Information Concerning Policies for Supporting Employees with Disabilities
Concerning policies which support employees with disabilities, Ambrosia Natural Foods will:
- Inform its employees about Accessibility and Accommodation policies according to their job description as soon as possible from their start date.
- Upon request provide accessible formats for information that is needed by the employee.
Return to Work Plans
Regarding Return to Work Plans, Ambrosia Natural Foods will:
- Establish processes for developing individual accommodation plans and return to work.
- Provide policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
- Make and maintain contact with the employee on leave.
Performance Management, Career Development and Job Changes
- Review internal policies and procedure to make sure it runs in accordance with Accessibility policies.
- Take into account the Accessibility of individual employees concerning their performance, and ensure proper steps are made in order to help the employee succeed, this also is applied to an employee who has been offered an advancement.
- Accommodation solutions will be provided for those who are in need.
Emergency Response Information:
- Ambrosia Natural Foods has provided and will continue to provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary, and as soon as practically possible.
- If an employee who receives individualized workplace emergency response information requires assistance, with the employee’s consent the workplace emergency response information will be given to the designated employee providing the assistance.
- Ambrosia Natural Foods will continue to review the individualized workplace emergency response plans when necessary, such as when the location of the employee changes.
Customers with Disabilities
Ambrosia Natural Foods uses reasonable efforts to ensure that its policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the following principles:
- Goods or services are provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
- The provision of goods or services to persons with disabilities, and others, is integrated unless an alternate measure is necessary, whether temporarily or benefit from the goods or services.
- Persons with disabilities are given an opportunity equal to that given to others to obtain, use and benefit from the goods or services.
- Persons with disabilities may use assistive devices and/or support persons in the access of goods and services.
- Persons with disabilities and their service animals are accommodated in all aspects of service provision unless the animal is otherwise excluded by law. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person or by a service animal will be allowed to ensure Ambrosia Natural Food’s premises with his or her support person and service animal. At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person or service animal be prevented from having access to his or her support person and/or service animal while on our premises.
- Ambrosia Natural Foods employees, when communicating with a person with a disability, will do so in a manner that takes into account the person’s disability
- Training on AODA Customer Service has been provided in the Ambrosia Natural Foods Employee Hand Book.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Ambrosia Natural Foods provides goods and services to people with disabilities can send an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), in person, through phone (905-881-7811), or through a letter (55 Doncaster Avenue, Thornhill, Ontario, L3T 1L7).
All feedback, including complaints, should be directed towards Ambrosia Management, and a solution will be offered as soon as possible. Customers can expect to hear back in 7 days.
Notice of Availability
Any information regarding accessible customer service at Ambrosia Natural Foods can be made available to any member of the public. They may access this by entering the store and requesting it from customer service. This can also be sent through email or mail upon request. Alternate formats are available upon request.
Last Updated according to the Ministry of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure of Ontario November 2020 accessibility requirements.